Through the Teachers of Tomorrow project, the Royal Institute for Inter-Faith Studies, in partnership with Danmission aimed at preventing extremism among Jordanian communities by teaching human values inspired by moderate religious values and encouraging diversity and acceptance of “the other,” mainly religious others through engaging teachers in private schools in the project’s different activities and workshops.
- Preventing extremism among Jordanian teachers.
- Enhancing the leadership capacity of teachers of Human Science subjects, students’ counselors and schools’ headmasters in private schools in Jordan by offering training workshops.
- Promoting religious freedom, protecting human rights, attaining good governance, enhancing universal values, and encouraging respect for differences.
- Developing the Teachers of Tomorrow training manual that combines theoretical and practical approaches to the notions of Citizenship, Human Rights, Peace Building, Dialogue and Pluralism.
- Delivering training workshops on the subjects of Citizenship, Human Rights, Peace Building, Dialogue, and Pluralism.
- Delivering Training of Trainers (TOT) workshops to teachers in Jordan with an emphasis on social emotional learning methods and SDGs.
- Delivering capacity building workshops via creating a safe space to share experiences between teachers.
- Implementing initiatives and delivering training workshops carried out by teachers.
Teachers of Tomorrow (TOT) 2019-2021