The Royal Institute for Inter-Faith Studies welcomes visits by scholars from different academic and research backgrounds for periods of one month to an academic year.
As part of the programme, visiting scholars are expected to participate in one or more of the following activities
- Provide lectures, seminars, or workshops;
- Advise Research and International Studies departments at RIIFS on research planning;
- Work with RIIFS researchers on specific areas of research interest;
- Contribute to RIIFS research projects and publications.
The objectives of the Visiting Scholar Programme are
- To enhance interdisciplinary research;
- To promote the exchange of ideas between RIIFS researchers and visiting scholars;
- To facilitate research collaboration between RIIFS and the institutions represented by the visitors;
- To foster existing partnerships with institutes, research centers and universities;
- To encourage regional networking on religious and cultural issues through effective communication and interaction within academic and religious environments;
- To reach a larger audience of thinkers and academics and add depth via a strong programme of local, regional and international engagement activities.
The application for each visiting scholar should include:
- Applicant’s CV;
- A motivational letter;
- Completed application form (click here) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdy-ffbneWnboVMMFKnISegKIJBbysdLnzXkxFn3OUs7lucfg/viewform
RIIFS offers accommodation for visiting scholars upon their request. The accommodation has cooking facilities as well as a washing machine. The Apartment is furnished and has a refrigerator, freezer, microwave oven, stove in kitchen and WIFI. Pets are not allowed.
SEMINAR: “RETHINKING THE FUTURE OF THE ISLAMIC WORLD”
Within the activities of the Visiting Scholar Programme, the Royal Institute for Inter-Faith Studies held a seminar entitled “Rethinking the Future of the Islamic World” given by Dr Ghassan Al-Masry, with the participation of a number of researchers and academics.
Arab-Christian Heritage and Christian-Islamic Dialogue
The Royal Institute of Religious Studies held a lecture entitled “Arab-Christian Heritage and Christian-Islamic Dialogue” delivered by Rev. Dr. Wageeh Yusef with the participation of a number of researchers and Christian and Islamic clerics.